Sunday, February 8, 2009

I know I'll be hated for saying it...


"I’m going to say what millions know in the front of their brains, and many, many more millions know in the depths of their hearts … but won’t allow themselves to think it, much less feel it. And believe me, I know I’ll be hated for saying it, I’ll be hated by people who don’t know me, have never worked with me, have never golfed with me, had a drink with me.

"I’m going to say it anyway: Abortion is murder."


So wrote Gary Graham, the Star Trek actor who in his youth paid for countless abortions for girlfriends so that the babies he fathered would not get in his way.

We should not underestimate the courage it will have taken for Graham to write about abortion in such a frank manner. The unborn have very few friends among the darlings of Hollywood and Graham is likely to become the target of some pretty vitriolic attacks. It would not hurt to visit his blog and offer a few words of encouragement to redress the balance.